What It Means to Be a Fullstack Developer in 2022?
Careers in technology are evolving consistently. With the rising need for skills and an expectation for effective returns on investment, FullStack developers have become one of the top tech developers businesses seek.
A FullStack Developer is someone capable of handling a "full-stack" of technologies for development with proficiency in both front-end and back-end coding disciplines. When brought together, the front end and back end make an application as a whole. While the front end is what the users interact with, the back end includes databases, servers, business logic, and software supporting the application.
Understanding FullStack Development
Let’s look at FullStack development with an example.
Let’s imagine - an app is a house. An interior designer would furnish and decorate the house, making it functional and attractive for everyone who visits or stays in the house. This is your front-end developer.
However, stronger foundations, plumbing, running electricity, etc. are essential to the longevity of the structure. These are laid out by back-end developers, elements not necessarily visible but crucial to the proper functioning of the app.
A FullStack Developer in this context would be someone who builds and furnishes the house from scratch.
Responsibilities of a FullStack Developer
- Support development efforts - from conceptualization to launch
- Build prototypes and functional apps and/or websites
- Conduct server and data administration
- The design interface and create intuitive UX
- Fine-tune projects based on user feedback
- Collaborate with developers, designers, sales, and leads for better project improvement
- Program a server, and
- Program a database
Soft Skills You Must Have To Become a FullStack Developer
While technical skills are a must, soft skills are important to make it in the development sector.
Here are a few soft skills you must have:
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Able to work with strict schedules and timelines
- Ability to stay compliant with security standards while developing a product.
Job Roles for a FullStack Developer
A Fullstack developer can manage complete product development. Below we have listed some of the common roles you can apply for.
- Product Manager - A Product Manager (PM) is responsible for planning deliveries, estimating resource requirements, prioritizing tasks, and creating estimates for product deliveries.
- Business Analyst - The job of business analysts includes conceptualizing the operational tasks and identifying areas that can be improved for efficiency.
- System Architect - A system architect's job role involves designing, configuring, operating, and maintaining both computer and networking systems.
- User Experience Designer - A user experience designer creates and optimises the interaction between the users and the systems.
- Software Developer - A software developer creates software and, if required, conducts testing.
- Quality Analyst - The job role of the quality analyst is to design an automated or manual test suite in order to test software, apps, or websites for bugs.
- Development Operations Engineer - They are responsible for transferring the system to production servers, maintaining the system, and planning backup and recovery.
Full Stack Developers’ Salaries in India
A full-stack developer with years of experience naturally gets more salary than a fresher. However, even at the start of your career, a full-stack developer can expect to get decent remuneration. Let’s take a quick look at the salary range of full-stack developers.
- A fresh graduate gets between INR 3.5-4 lakh annually as an entry-level wage.
- A FullStack developer with an experience of 1-4 years can earn an average CTC of ₹553,006/year.
- A FullStack developer with an experience of 5-9 years can earn between ₹12-14 lakh, annually.
The demand for full-stack developers is increasing day by day, thanks to their diverse skillsets.
Thus, this is the right time to learn full-stack web development by enrolling in a course and getting hands-on training.
At SkillStone, we help you discover your professional career in IT and develop the right skills to pursue a career in full-stack development via eLearning courses led by subject matter experts from the industry. Join us today!
For any queries, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Get A Job After Graduation in India